Welcome to Kathleen’s Art Blog!

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Another work in progress...

Not sure yet how this works, but welcome to my blog!  I've been very very busy lately -- still unpacking from the International Bead and Beadwork Conference in Istanbul, Turkey, in late November, then immediately into a show in Boston.  I had a wonderful time teaching a workshop at the Istanbul conference and was honored to present a paper on the history of polymer clay beadmaking, which got its start here in the United States.  However, the overall conference itself was very problematic and the issue with presenters and teachers not being compensated, as agreed, probably is becoming well known in the international art community.  It was a double tragedy for those, like myself, who have such long and fond memories of Turkey and the warm and friendly Turkish people.  I will have more to say on this subject and my super Istanbul polymer clay students when I have had time to recover from the past 2 weeks!

Kathleen

6 comments:

Cindy Dean said...

I just found your blog and I love your work. I wanted to go to that beadwork conference in Istanbul. My little sister lives there and it would have been a great excuse to visit! But life gets in the way. Looking forward to reading more on your trip.

artbrat said...

I'm so excited to see you now have a blog. I've admired your work for years and look forward to hearing about your recent travel experience.

Silly... 'Ma said...

Hi, Kathleen! I love your work, rave about it all the time, and look forward to learning whatever it is you're willing to share here!

Welcome to the Blogosphere. It's a scary place to be sometimes when that entry block looms emptily in your face, but the wonderful people you meet more than makes up for it!

All the best, and a very merry Christmas,

Cindy<>< (aka me<><)

Mom said...

Great to see a blog site from you..I, too, greatly admire your work - your website is one I point to when people say polymer clay is not for art!

SuzyQ said...

Yay! I love your work - welcome to the blogging world!!!

Lisa Clarke said...

It's nice to see your new blog. I have long admired your work!